Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Today's Dr. Checkup

Grace and I had our weekly checkup today. We did the non-stress test again where I click every time she moves and the monitor keeps track of the movements and her heart rate. The nurse strapped on the monitor and Grace kicked so hard she kicked the monitor right off. She did this 4 or 5 times. Grace can kick her heal out so far that I can wrap my hand around her little foot. It's funny to watch and was pretty comical for the nurse and I today. Obviously her movements are strong and she passed that test in under five minutes. We had another ultra-sound and her fluid levels remain good. We're set to have the test for her lung development at the end of next week. If her lungs look good the dr. said I can have the next available surgery appointment which he says is usually within 1-2 days. That means we could have her sometime around Friday the 18th. If the lungs aren't developed we'll wait about another week before delivering. For now it's back to bed rest for another week or so. Next week will be a full week with dr. appts., tests, and possibly a delivery!!!

3 comments:

  1. So, you're saying my great niece has an attitude? I wonder where she got that?

    Great Aunt Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe she's almost here!! We'll be thinking about you through all the appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She must get her attitude from her dad! Can't possibly be me!

    ReplyDelete