Saturday, April 11, 2009

14 weeks


As of Friday April 10th Baby and I are 14 weeks along. We completed the first week in our second trimester. Only 26 more weeks to go! I continue to be VERY sick around the clock. My dr. has tried every drug in the book. Occasionally I have to go to the hospital for an IV infusion of fluids, anti-nausea medicine, etc. I usually feel better for a few days after that. I am back up to my pre-pregnancy weight which is good! I had lost some weight the first three months. Even though I haven't gained any weight I am still beginning to show. I have transitioned to maternity pants, which Jacob thinks are amazingly hot! They have a belly band that go all the way up to my chest! He teases me that they look like granny pants! I turned 30 on Wednesday so I guess that's the magic age you switch to old lady pants! Jacob is going to try and take weekly pictures of my growing belly. Here is my baby bump at 14 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I like Liam as a nickname for William.

    Grandma Baden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Katie.
    In the last week I found out you are pregnant!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Love the blogg. Now I can keep up with you all.
    Morning sickness remedies.
    1. Raspberry juice. Also apparently good for labor pains. Jacob make note of this pregnant women often don't remember things.
    2. Pear juice.
    3. Essential oil-Speariment. Place 4-5 drops in a bowl of boiling water and place it next to your bed. Most effective after 3 days of use. You can also place one drop on your pillow if you can handle it that close to your face.
    4. I didn't read it under morning sickness but I know ginger is always good for queasey stomaches. ginger tea or candies from the health food store.
    Let me know if any of these work for you.
    Love you all, Great Aunt Kellie

    ReplyDelete